R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?
Old 10-21-2011, 07:46 PM
mxrich
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Dasmopar, your heart is in the right place but you missed something. If all the racing is based on the 104 chassis then you kill all the other cars that are running right now. 3racing 109,Tech-racing, TRG, Cross,Himoto, all the others out there and all the other Tamiyas. Did you notice that the F103 is back? There is a very good reason for that. It works and it's what most every car is modeled after .We also need the other companies to send their products here to sell. There is more than one chassis in Full size F1 and more than one power source. My last computer crashed and I had pages of the F1's in Japan and asia. They are not restricted as we are and they are encouraged to come up with new designs at the local level. Mantisworks F1 is a great example of what can be done here.There are some wild designs over there and the companies watch them at every race for new ideas. I was told there were 18 companies that build F1 cars there. Some we have not seen in the U.S. since they are too small to be mainstream but they race every weekend. If all the cars fit the perameters let them race. It can only help.