R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - T3 2011 is slower then TC6, S411
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 09:37 AM
For_the_win
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rshair
to me its all about driver then setup. my friend and i both bought our T3 11 at the same time. initially when we started, we were both on the same level (its hard to really quantify if you are on parr but the litmus test for us was similar setup - we used the setup proposed in the manual and when we were on the track, neither one of us could either pull far ahead or drop far behind). as he became more skilled and i want to say probably more track time , he has become a better driver and even if he started behind me, he would pass me then pull ahead. next we decided to setup one car (mine) so that it would best suit the track we are on, his car was stock, this time i was able to keep up. but when we swapped cars, and i drove the stock setup and he drove the one with the new setup, he was even faster!!. so, i concluded that i am not a good driver , he was a better driver and secondly, setups are important.

i am also of the opinion (maybe there is no truth to this), that some drivers are what we call natural drivers, you can give them any car and they can drive it very well. some drivers however, tend to do really well with one model and setup but if you give them another model they will not do well.
im a natural driver for off road, but this on road take time for me.