R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - HPI Vorza Flux 1/8 E-Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2011, 05:50 AM
Z4Kevo
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jones8352
About a month ago the esc in my Vorza burst into flames. HPI sent me a new one, I set it up and all seemed fine. I ran it for about five mins and it quit running. It didn't get hot, every thing seems in order. When I turn the switch on it doesn't make the arming sounds and the yellow light comes on. The servo works but not the motor. I've tried different batteries and even put in a tx out of another buggy that I know for sure that it works. I double checked the motor wires and they're plugged in properly. Any body have any ideas I really don't want to send it back to HPI. Another thing when I first turn on the switch the fan doesn't come on. I checked it and it spins freely.
Check the motor plugs again...on the ESC and the motor...sometimes they can get gummed up and it doesn't take that much (almost like a dark tarnishing on the gold plating) and prevent the ESC from detecting the motor and/or causing a short/stutter while running. I had this happen before and all I did was scrape away the buildup and it is good now. Not sure what caused it...neither was Castle. Something probably got in there and caused some kind of reaction under all that voltage...now I just keep an eye on them. Hasn't happened since. Hopefully that's all it is.

Last edited by Z4Kevo; 10-20-2011 at 06:15 AM.