R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Is RC pricing itself out of the Market?
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2011, 05:51 PM
RCaddict0
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 85 (99%+)

RC is not cheap. I'll agree with that. But a few years ago I was cursed with an addiction which makes even 1/1 scale cars cheap. Luckily Ive replaced that with RC's! But Ive aquired a decent collection for not "that" much. Shure Ive dropped $300 once, $125 here, $50 there and so on. But the key is to trade, buy used and wait for the right deal. I started with a mini Revo and a Evader BX. Hopped them up and traded them. Since then I bought a used Speed T and a EXT2. I now have a really nice RC collection.
Flux HP, RPMed Brushless E Maxx, brushless Hyper 10TT, Brushless EXT2 and a mini Revo. And a Stampede VXL. Aww..I just sold a Stampede 4x4 with a MMP, 1410 SCT Castle motor and Hitec 5645 installed. So if you wait, buy used and bargin the right way you can go far. Im not saying I havent spent $1000's on motors, radios, hop ups, etc. But I got a 5645 for $20 shipped, a Savox 1258tg NIP for a AE 2.4 stock radio in trade. Then swapped the Savox and a little cash for a MMP. Good deals are out there! Payed $50 for my Fux motor!