R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - STS engines
Thread: STS engines
View Single Post
Old 07-10-2004, 11:23 PM
f2000racer
Tech Addict

Default Re: the DxR engines

Looks promising. But then again, it proves that its not me that has a problem tuning my D3 since you find that there is something wrong with the carb on the D3R.

Oh well I'm sad to say that I've given up with this engine and will go with the more stable one (no need to mention since most should know).

Thanks for all the help Dino!

Roy

Originally posted by Data
dino:

tried both the d3r and the d5r today, both ran very well. both engine might be a little weak on top (not by much, compare to other mod engines running 40% fuel), but the smooth yet powerful bottom/mid makes it all up. the d3r accelerate better than the d5r, but it might be becasue the d3r was installed on a mtx-3 while the d5r was on an evo. the gear ratio of both cars are pretty close. the d5r has a better top (being a 5 port engine and with an outlaw pipe). the d3r ran at about 250F (sedan) while the d5r was at 220F (lola).

there was something wrong with the d3r carb. had to use an NR carb. to make the eigine more stable. need to find out whats wrong with the d3r carb. the d5r carb. works fine.

i put about 1 liter of fuel through each engine today and the updated cranks still hold and no leaks yet . lets see how long they will last. overall i like the d series engines, they suit the way i drive.

data