R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 10-18-2011, 12:20 PM
lowroad
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
I wholeheartedly believe that sensored has no more power than unsensored provideing both have the same KV, comparing the Tekin 4000 to the Castle 3800 isn't exactly a fair comparison even tho it's pretty close.
From all my years in BL and reading arcticles, posts etc UNsensored is slightly more efficent than sensored, It may be minute but thats what I feel is true.

STPETE40; I still have that Beta motor in my possesion that will do everything the 4600 Pro4 can do and plan on testing it again when we hit the 1/8scale track.
Well, you're correct because I have run my tenshock 4000kv / SC8 combo (unsensored) vs my club presidient's Tekin pro4 4000kv/rx8 (sensored)combo, and guess what? Not a lick faster. Dead even down the 150 ft. or so straight. Neither had an inch on the other. im on 13T pinion, and he's on a 14T. So, some will scoff, I've seen it, and it's true. No noticeable difference in ability to clear jumps, run up, nothing. Maybe a smidge smoother at lower, VERY low speeds, but aside from that, meh.