View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 06:28 PM
rob martin
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 66 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Listen to this guy. Def knows his stuff on carpet

Originally Posted by Ostach24
So glad to see this thread pop up. Here is our local off road carpet track. www.ptraceway.com

I go through moods on the tire situation. I hate mini pins because they wear so fast.

For 4wd buggy I like really aggressive tires such as the goosebumps and calibers, because they have awesome grip, but I also like to run slicks because I can slide the back end around some and makes the 4wd buggy feel like it has a ton of steering.

The suburbs and bcodes are pretty good the whole tire life, don't have to worry about too much traction at the beginning like you do with gbs and calibers.

2wd buggy I run calibers rear and scrubs front. right now has a bit too much traction, but they last a good while so I run them.

2wd truck losi slider rears are the ticket all the way around. They stick great and I dont need to buy tires every month.
Originally Posted by Ostach24
I like carpet because it is consistent. I dont have to worry about the track conditions changing in between rounds due to the water sprayed down, just have to worry about my driving.
you are correct, it is a whole different animal.