R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya TRF2WD thread
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 11:01 AM
Randy Caster
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rimracker
I was just wondering how much was involved with fitting the big bore shocks. You seem to be very happy with the performance of them.

Many of the Kyosho guys that run at my track seem to do well with them as well.
The shocks include the upper bushings actually. The fronts go right on and are the correct length with the Kyosho shock ends unthreaded 2 full turns. For the rear shocks I was having issues getting the correct length, so I actually had to use Tamiya shock ends but had to cut them down to fit the Kyosho spring cup. I basically just threaded the Tamiya shock end onto a shock shaft, spun it up in a dremel and removed material with a file, ghetto lathe

If people are going to give the Kyosho big bores a shot, I'll take some decent pictures of exactly what I did and put together some basic instructions.

My 8mm longer chassis is on the car right now and I am going to be headed to the track for some testing with that to see if I can get the car any better with a longer wheelbase. I am really looking to make the car even smoother over landings and bumpy areas on the track, we'll see if this helps any.