R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated TC6 Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 04:47 PM
cwoods34
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jjfo80
And the winner is a mistake..... Good luck with a shitty xray... They are WAY over priced for the quality you get. The tc6 is a great kit for the price and anything higher than that in price wise I would spend on would be either a serpent or a shumacher.

But hey I am thinking your not thinking for yourself as the option parts are option for a reason now if you talk to the team drivers they use the kit setups with the kit parts... if You cant get that same kit to go around the track consistantly without crashing then making those changes wont help u....
Its amazing ppl say all this stuff and have to have the wizz bangs and what not as its all about bragging rights yay yay yay.

You buy a kit and use the book setup and then learn to drive first then read and read and learn vehicle dynamics as there is NO point making changes if you dont even know what they are doing...

Now on your topic with the gear diff compared to the ball diff you can change the ball diff settings on the fly and it takes about 5 secs to do. The gear diff you need to have about five gear diffs with all different weight oils in it so you can change on the fly otherwise you run out of track time and races at a meeting.

Slipper spool compared to spool no difference at all... You can tighten the slipper spool that tight its impossible to slip but you can use it as a tunning method by making it slip to and thats a adjustment on the fly aswell but with a spool there is none...

I think you need to think about it alittle bit more before you start thinking the way you are.....
Regards
Fordy
XRAY are great cars. I don't think "shitty" is the proper term.

It took me all of 3 minutes to change my gear oil today. There's no reason to have 5 at different viscocities.

The slipper spool should only slip in an accident so it doesn't stress parts. I'm not sure I'd want it to slip as a tuning aid, because that's just wasted power. You don't want a ball diff to slip in the back - I see a slippe spool the same way.