R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - CEFX 2011
Thread: CEFX 2011
View Single Post
Old 10-16-2011, 02:38 PM
JamesReilly
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by pchroma24
I found it touched on earlier in the thread; does anybody ( maybe Reilly ) have any nfo on the differences in the 4 T3 top decks Josh offers? I run on a small technical, low to med traction track and am in need of a new top deck to match my new stiff cefx chassis (19005) What are, if any, pros / cons / differences vs a factory deck? Thanks in advance for any direction and input....

I'll try and help,
The top deck with the holes for the steering post will have the most steering and be a little more aggressive. The "Flexi" version of this top deck should be a little less aggressive ( most like the stock top deck ). Both have the posts in them.

The Split top deck would be less aggressive and a little smoother mid corner. With the stiffer one being more aggressive then the "flexi" as well.

Flexi is due the carbon being a bi-directional carbon rather then thinner or more cut out as you may have seen with other car companies parts.

The bonus to all of the CEFX top decks is that it is easier to remove your spur. Simply loosen the 6 rear screws about half way and you can take the two spur gear holder screws out. And with a pair of tweezers you can slide the plastic bearing clamps out and the spur comes right out.

I would try the stiff top deck and/or the stiff split deck. I use the top deck as more of a tuning option rather then this one works in all situations.

Best regards,
James