R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Fastest Spec/Blinky Mode ESC
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 11:57 AM
mr crum
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by artwork
Yeah this won't work either...And what I mean is that tech needs to be more strict not less. Hara was running software in Super Stock in Vegas that no one else could get in a 17.5 spec class. I was told it just fixed a couple of feel issues with the Tekin, well that is the biggest complaint with Tekin, is the feel. In mod sky is the limit, but in a spec classes we need rules and we need them enforced.

No one but the slower guys want a level playing field, but the people at the top and the manufactures don't want fair; they want wins!

It was already crazy to have so many national and world champions in a 17.5 spec class. It would be nice to know that I am competing with the best in the world in a super stock class and that I have a chance to compete with them because we are all running the same hardware and software. I know that I am not gonna beat Hara, but I am certainly not going to beat him when he is being feed better motors, better batteries and software that no one else can get. Do world champions really need more of an advantage in a spec class?

In my opinion at these nation or world class events we need non-timing spec classes with handout motor. Timing speed controls have really not helped getting people to the tracks. Our local track has seen an increase since we moved to non-timing stock classes and this is the case at almost every track in the US.
we went from running boosted wgt to blinky and the lap times actually got faster i.e. less mistakes and less blowin corners i dont care if i ever run a boosted class ever again and i totally agree there should be stricter rules