R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2011, 07:49 AM
The Big Wig
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by rokosam
I think you are not considering the counterweight at the other side...

Tamiya people (Japanese) are in the RC business for a long time. Sorry but I can not believe you.
Counterweight has nothing to do with it. I've known Tamiya for a very long time and they have made numerous bad designs. However they do learn from their mistakes and I have more Tamiya cars than any other brand.

Originally Posted by TryHard
Looks like a X1 with a TRG chassis and front end...

Personally not had any issues with the slide damper, it's pretty silky smooth regarldess of which way the pod is twisted. And it leaves the shock to do the longitudinal damping.
Smooth it is. Fact is the more you pull the damper tube apart the less contact there is between the rod and the tubes ourter shell meaning the more you twist the pod to the left (tube gets separated), the (progressively) softer the dampening will get and vice versa to the right.

Originally Posted by TryHard
I don't agree with the statement about the TRG.... looking closely at it, it has a central piviot to rotate around, which in turn means the tubes will always have some form of side load to remain in line with the mounts. No escaping from that, and by the same token as what you say about the roll damper, will result in contact with the side of the tube.
I'm am not saying it is linear but it has the same dampening rate to the left or to the right.