R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - I'm new to electric and i have some questions.
Old 07-09-2004, 12:23 PM
GundamWZero
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I can't tell you what a 550 motor is, which is really hard for me to describe. But I can tell you this; at 150 to 200 dollars, you can buy at least four high quality motors! They really don't cost that much. The expensive ones are the Hand Wound Motors; they run around 99 to 150 dollars, and they produce mad torque, I think. ( I get confused when it comes to high rpms, and high torque) Since I can't describe it to you, I'll show it:

http://www.teamtrinity.com/motors/images/sidebar/D5.jpg

Brushless motors are maintenance-free, and they just came out into the scene not too long ago. Once there was a time these brushless motor, compared with 10 to 20 cells can propell a 1/10 scale car up to nearly 100 mph! (there is a guy, which I'll leave his name out, who said his micro can do well over 70 ) I don't know if you want to put a Brushless system in your drifter, seems like a good idea to try out.

Yes you can put the Yokomo drifting bodies on other cars, but with 200mm cars, the tires will stick out of the side of the bodies
!! So 190mm well be okay. And you can ues other bodies on your drifter too, as long as their 190mm!

These guys here know their stuff so post all your questions here...
I just love to build and race, I try not to get into the techno babble about it.