R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?
Old 10-13-2011, 01:44 PM
kaycerc
Suspended

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest
Ahhh, the grumpy musings of the USVTA/USGT faithful. I know the class exists. How could anyone not know about it the way you guys pimp it all over the forum... While looking outside my neighborhood, I have witnessed, and appreciated USGT races. The cars look great and aren't ridiculously slow. Problem is there's still no Slash style RTR, and the USGT races I've watched weren't held at an ALMS event.

I was just hoping Traxxas would give us a RTR USGT package that was decent, and then promote the hell out of it, like they do with all their products. The classes are fine, I was pointing out that TRAXXAS is the ONLY company that promotes, on any real scale, outside the industry. If they could take the USGT concept to FULL SCALE race fans the way they did with Slash, we might have something...............

The only problem with USGT and VTA is a newbie can't just walk into a hobbystore and walk out with a package.
What?
Traxxass only promotes themselves to sell product to the unknowing masses. Their slash wasn't groundbreaking, they saw thundertech's product at the ihobby show and took their old centipede monstertruck and gave it a body and tire change. Stole the idea. Their rally car was a joke, as a year after its introduction they still don't have replacement bodies available (my son's pissed, but he had to have one). They produce toys, marketed to kids/bashers, and they openly say they're not a racing company and that their aim isn't to produce race car kits. They'd be the last manufacturer I'd want involved in USGT or anything else .................... and I thought this discussion was about F1???

Can we please get it back on-topic?