R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 10-13-2011, 08:15 AM
hacker07
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mjealey
Hey guys I have a question for you. I just put Aaron Lane's setup in the rear of the truck. While I was at it I put all new a-arms, and rear end in the truck. I have the aluminum hingepin holders and am running 1 up in front/0 rear. I put the truck back together and noticed the movement was really stiff as far as the suspension goes. It almost feels like dirt is tuck in the hinge pin holders or something. When you press down on the truck to compress it, It basically just stays there with no rebound. Yes the shocks are built correctly, orange springs, and before I put the shocks on the suspension was perfectly free as I tested the hinge pin holders and everything. The shocks are on the outside of arm/ middle on tower so they are leaned over a decent amount. Is anybody else's like this with this setup in the truck?
If I had to guess without looking at the truck, if its doing what you say and you put new arms on it, you have some binding. When you put the extra degree kick in, you can have the arms rub the blocks due to the angle. You should be able to move the arms forward and back a very little amount. If you cannot, moves them a bunch, take them off the car and look at the wear marks on the arms where the hinge pin goes in, then dremel or sand some and put it back together. Do this until both have some forward to back play. Also, be sure the outer hinge pin nuts are not too tight. You want to tighten those nuts as tight as possibly with still being able to turn the hingepin with your fingers. Check the sway bar setscrews as well. Basically, take the shocks off and work on those arms until they move up and down freely. Then put the shocks back on, do not over tighten the nuts on the top of the shocks and set your ride height and good to go.

Originally Posted by alvinsmith75
Are the Ten T shocks and the SCTE shocks setup the same from the factory as far as the pistons go? I just built some ten t shocks emulsion style and they seem real stiff. Im using stock pistons and 30wt losi oil. I also moved the shock position to the Aaron Lane setup sheet. I have no binding at all in my arms. I also backed off the bottom shock cap a 1/4 of a turn in case the orings were sandwiched too tight. Please advise.
Well, no...lol. I actaully changed the TEN-T shocks to a 4 hole piston but its still a different size than what comes in the SCTE. The SCTE comes with #3 pistons all around.