R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The 2011 US Indoor Champs "Cleveland"
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2011, 07:34 AM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey guys I didnt want to even get into this....but a couple of things I have questions....

1. why do you think there has been any other motor offered in VTA since brushless/lipo....it has always been Novak..

2. whats the difference in a spec motor and spec anything else...tires, bodies, esc, battery, ride height, weight, ect...its just rules correct. the rules of a class, be it TC,12th scale or off-road. Its just rules of a class...not playing favorites. Its shouldnt be looked at any different than running Sweeps as a spec tire in TC.

3. running house rules for a National level class, will get little or no response from the guys that love and respect the USVTA rules. I think the ROAR Pavement, MSRA BTH, and some other races would have had a lot better turn-out if the National rules were used.

4. Your locals run the "ROAR" rules(21.5), and that fine, but the USVTA(majority) of all the VTA racers fly the USVTA banner. Wouldnt it make more sense to get ppl in the right rules before you completly allienate the club from VTA racers that would LOVE to come run at your track. Especially with the large events that you guys put on...ei HC and Champs.

5.NJ had said that they was running ROAR as well because the locals ran it and the surrounding states/area did as well...and 7 guys showed to run the Pav Nats? Thats a loss for the chance to gain some ground on the only entry class that has gone coast to coast and overseas with the same rule package.

6. I know the debate about getting on-road on "track" and Im always going push VTA, sometimes to hard..lol, but Ive seen what it has done for several tracks to keep the doors open and ppl getting into the RC on-road program, incl Thunder RC here in Nashville.

sorry to draw this out and I respect what all of you do for on-road...but I trully believe that the USVTA rules is the easy way to keep the class growing and gain ground for new racers...its proven by two things...

A. we have had the MCC for 3 years and it always was a great event, but we always had some mix of house and USVTA rules....this year we did some tweaking, and not in just the name, but went full on USVTA for VTA and GT, and look at what happen. We double the entries, as well as had ppl come from as far as Ohio,Indiana,Michigan,Illinois,S. Carolina,N.Carolina, Alabama, Georgia,Kentucky, and others..which is also a 1st for us.

B. as the track owner, you are in charge...me and Dirla talked about going to full USVTA weeks even months before doing so. He told me that the easy way to get ppl to jump ship, was for me to jump 1st, and see who follows. Dont get me wrong, I was more afraid of losing racers cause of the rule change...I even waited longer cause of the fear of ppl quiting, a class I was very helpful in building at my local track. But I jumped...and 20+ guys jumped with me...and another 10 followed...oh yeah, 1 quit...but came back to finish 2nd in the 2011 USVTA Southern Nationals...go figure

thanks for your time and I hope soon that all tracks will fly one rule set, for right now, the best shot we have to build on-road racing...other ideas are out there...but right now USVTA is building racers and keeping track open...until something else comes along....lets work together to keep on-road racing going and adding new ppl where possible...

Thank you
Myron "Battman" Kinnard

ps...hope the race is awesome...cya soon