R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The 2011 US Indoor Champs "Cleveland"
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 10:25 PM
CypressMidWest
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
Doh!
Still Nahhh, the classes were set before the "blinky revolution" and all the VTA racers in my area still run 21.5.

We based this year's rules on information we gathered from a great number of people we asked. Many of those who we spoke have now moved towards blinky and that's fine, but once we announce a list of classes we stick to it. I remember a few years ago that VTA was offered at first as ROAR rules, then the complaints started and the former management went with Novak motors only. I know for a fact that the late change in the motor rules cost the race VTA entries. People had already ordered equipment that the decision ruled illegal.

If ROAR changes their VTA rules package to come more inline with USVTA rules then next year hardcore VTA racers should be happy. I will however, NEVER offer a class that specs ONE BRAND of motor. I don't feel that is fair to the manufacturers, and I believe it inevitably isn't good for the consumer.

Blinky is here to stay, and next year it will be offered. Having to set classes for a race when the rules are in a state of flux is far from easy. We went with the exact same line up as last year, (with the exception of adding VTA), for the sake of consistency.

Hope to see everyone in November...........