R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Mugen-Serpent or RC8T
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2011, 03:50 PM
tc5 man
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Slider30250
TC5, where you or anybody else finishes all depends on how good the competition was on that day. Go to a regional or national event to truly see how you stack up. I know everybody who runs an E-truggy says they are better than a nitro truggy, iv'e yet to see it. Neither myself or anybody else I know who runs nitro truggy has been outrun by an E-truggy when they kept it on the wheels. Now I haven't done any research like looking at lap times of some of the top drivers to see which truck or buggy they are faster with (electric or nitro), I just don't see a big advantage unless you just can't tune a nitro engine, and that's ok, some people just can't. Whether or not one is faster than the other ultimately doesn't matter, enjoying yourself does.

yea i see what your saying but im pretty sure the rc8tce finishes or is on the poduim at national races its all about the driver pretty much like i was saying.

I just usally race club races and trophy races pretty much, most people who drive a E-truggy that cant keep it on thier wheels on the ground. Is over powering theres for sure most of time, i can keep my wheels on the ground and i do some tweaking to slow it down so its easyier to drive i can keep up with the nitro truggy just fine.

To me a E-truggy is not that hard to drive compared to a E-buggy at least lol.

And yes i do enjoy myself when i race