R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - ???RC8.2, The CAR, or Losi 8ight??? Can't decide??
Old 10-12-2011, 12:44 PM
Sein
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am not too familiar with the others but I am very familiar with the Losi. Losi's racing vehicles are mysterious . The reason I say that that is because if you have never driven a losi before and you run one you will say the parts wear out quick.

Why? Because they develop slop in them and it would seem that the part is worn out but it is not. Actually it is worn in; this is how Losi designs them. Their cars have a lot of slop. It does not makes sense to racers who have ran other brands because the wheels flop around too much or some of the plastic is way to loose and you want to put a new piece on it that is tight. But after a couple of races it is loose again.

Here is the mysterious part: with all that looseness and slop their rigs drive better! You are not suppose to have tight parts on a Losi. The tires are suppose to jiggle and the plastic is suppose to be lose, it is their design.

If you can allow your mind not to think about the slop and just drive it, then you will see that it works. However if you are consistently trying to take away the slop; then your are fighting the vehicle and its design. In the end it will not work out for you. So, if you think you can handle your parts fitting very loose and not be annoyed by it, then get a Losi. If not, do not get one cause you will hate it.