R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 SkyRocket Invitational, Blue Diamond Raceway October 15,16!!
Old 10-12-2011, 11:13 AM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tri-state r/c06
HEY TORY IF MBRC AND TRI-STATE R/C CLUB SEND 5 RACERS TO SUPPORT YOUR RACE WILL THAT MAKE US A SPONSOR
No, while "sending racers to support my race" is a nice gesture, racers are coming to the SRI to have a good time, test their skills against the high level of competition that my events bring, and to be a part of a memorable event. Unfortunately I can't give those 5 racers away to other racers.

There is a pricing structure for sponsorship spots as is the tradition at almost all tracks and major events I've been to. The sponsor sends the appropriate amount of money or goods corresponding to the level of visibility they would like to have. Xceed RC, 5Nines Racing, Sweep Racing USA and Team Sheperd America are our Platinum sponsors, our gold and silver sponsors have also contributed money and items as well and that includes Brooklyn Hobbies, Bruckner Hobbies and G-Force Hobbies.

So in the end I make it a point to make sure it's the racers that benefit from all the sponsor's involvement in my events.

As a quick aside, you know I fund my efforts out of my pocket and through the trackside sales and sales from my website, which I do as a side job in conjunction w/ having a family and the job that actually makes money so I can pay for stuff =D. So all of the things that Skyrocket is bringing to the table this weekend comes from those three sources. Things that affect those sources of income also affect what Skyrocket can do at the track. The more trackside sales I get the bigger and better events I can put on and the more the racers benefit, obviously me being a racer I get to enjoy the competition and a great event myself but I don't profit money wise from this and it is solely to keep the track open and viable so we have a place to race. Just something to keep in mind.

I would encourage the five racers to come out anyway, they will go home with some great memories and maybe even hardware!