R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 10-11-2011, 04:03 PM
Chris K
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by SaladFork
I agree, not to mention the stress put on the packs, ESC's and motors on 2S. I love 4wd SC, it's all I race but I feel it could be much better on 3S. We tested 3S for awhile and it was great, long run-times, manageable speed and low end. It's a ROAR thing, we the people have zero control over what they choose.
And THAT is a lot of where the problem lies - when racers are allowed to 'choose', safety goes out the window, expense goes out the window and the result becomes a hobby that is less affordable than it was 'last year'... AND, call me niave, but I believe that we DO have control over what ROAR publishes for rules - so in turn I would ask you what your involvement in the working/operating system of ROAR has been???? IF you don't like a system, why not work within it to change it??? Emphasis on WORK!!!!

Originally Posted by Asharus
I prefer being able to use my 2S packs on all my 1/10th vehicles. I wouldn't mind going 3S though, with all of those added benefits.
So, with all those added benefits you would end up with pack or packs only usable in one 1/10th scale vehicle. PLUS, it's very short sighted to believe that if you add 3s today; why not add 4s tomorrow - then you could go REALLY FAST and have all of the issues that come with that including increased weight to break more faster.... (memo to self - you're swimming up stream here...)

Originally Posted by Bondonutz
+1000 !
I think outdoor tracks should have a open class despite poopy "ROAR" rules to allow this.
2s packs is 6000+mah is still pushing the envelope on large track where as 3s set up could easily cruise thru with 5000mah or less with modest gearing and KV's. The set ups can easily be conservative and comparable to 2s power.

I have a NEU 1509 1820KV that would be perfect for this but Nooooooooooo, Roar can bite my azz.
AND, I have a NEU 1658 that I feel 'entitled' to run 'cause I think it would work really well for me - allowing me an unfair advantage and helping me mask my poor set up skills and even poorer driving skills. And heck, I was entitled to hit that 6 year old and break his ankle because he 'shouldn't' have been there....

Originally Posted by coffee
Does anyone have any tips for building emulsion shocks? I can't seem to get it right. I bleed it like it shows in the video,oil comes out the bleed hole like it says it should, get the rebound set perfectly when I screw the cap down. But when I pull the piston down, I can screw the cap down further which increses the rebound. I have to be doing something wrong, but can't figure out what it is.
You can hold out for my explanation in the upcoming issue (01/12) of RC Driver! Or if you need it sooner, I'm sure you can thumb back a few pages 'cause I remember it being covered in this forum!

Guys, the word for it is ESCALATION - and it darned near got us into a nuclear war in the late 50s/early 60s. One guy wants 3s, the next wants 4s.. then someone wants 5s... see where this heads?? Without organization, kaos is the result. Bash ROAR as you may, but instead of BASHING, had you thought about volunteering??? Helping run a ROAR race??

Volunteer - someone may notice your extreme knowledge and great people skills and ask you to sit on a comittee that MAKES the rules - then you can express your opinion to those with a common cause, to provide a bit or order and organization to the sport we love!

So, instead of bitching about what some don't seem to be able to make work, why not work on solutions? Solutions to set up, solutions to efficiency so that you CAN run 6/8/10 minutes with your existing equipment....