R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - F1 - Can this become the shortcourse class of onroad?
Old 10-11-2011, 06:44 AM
DARKSIDE
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by robk
Nothing is killing VTA, it's just not big in socal.

Why one motor? Ask any 17.5 racer how many motors they have bought because a new faster one came out.
+1...excactly....or any class...even silver can...Ive seen guys buy these things by the "BOX" and sort and find a "good one"...who does that...and a new guy isnt going to do all that...heck I want either.....

the new rules work extremely well and the same motor rule is just another perk for the class and growth...

I wasnt a Novak fan either...but since going brushless in 2008...Ive had a 17.5 SS w/ 4 cell, 21.5 Ballastic, and upgraded the stator to 25.5....so maybe 2 motors for a class in almost 4 years?...show me another class on or off road that can say that....

FYI, Ive bought (3) TC 17.5 motors this summer..but none for my VTA car...

USVTA racing might not be the cure...but its a good band-aid that will help heal the on-road wounds...

back to topic....we tried a spec f1 class with the HPI F10...not bad...here is what we did...

since none of us had a F1 car...we used box stock HPI F10...minor upgrade, like motor mount and shock
1 battery
1 esc
1 motor

http://nashrcracer.com/forum/viewtop...asc&highlight=

read it...it will show where it started and ended...might give you F1 guys some ideas