R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - eXpress Motorsports
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2011, 04:24 AM
John Tag
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Hey Tag just wanted to stop by and say a big thanks for my motors and batteries for the IIC! I didn't suffer from any power or speed issues all week and definitely had some quick cars once I got the gearing right. Unfortunately my driver and mechanic had issues (me and me)...driver couldn't get in a good run until the mains and the mechanic was out to lunch all week.
Hey Burt..

Glad all worked out well. Hey we cant always do well as expected we all have those day. #1 rule is if ya had fun thats best result right there.

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Hey Tag

I also wanted to say thanks for the power. Finally got gearing figured out also on the ReVtech. Drove it home to a 6th place finish in the blinky class.

P.S. Sorry I missed your call....at the time Tim and I were winning to big on the blackjack table.
Great run again Devin..Congrats on another Major A Main run!!!

Missed call..LOL Yea thats because BJ table has a stripper pole..No wonder you didnt hear phone ring..U were in lala land!!!

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
What sort of fdr were the blinky sedan guys running w/ the ReVtechs @ the IIC?
James..Like Devin said..Track dependent 3.95-4.10 is common. Always start with less and add gear as needed. Rule of thumb is Revtech motors like 2-3 teeth less gear to start than other motors. Always make first runs short and check temps and adjust as needed.