R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Another pit trailer build thread!
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 07:45 PM
R6cj69
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

So after my day of racing I quickly learned that if all the trucks were going to be in the trailer then they needed to have their spot on the wall. I had planned on using one of these track systems with hangers but after walking through the garage I noticed a couple of steel racks and hangers they were in the laundry room when we bought our house. I did a little measuring and found that it would work perfectly. I found out how high could mount it and still have a little clearance. I mounted the rack,

I also decided to throw a few zip ties around the mounts just to keep the rack from falling off in case I hit a larger bump.

With my hooks being a little longer, they allow me to hang a truck with the tires still on it and not create flat spots.

Just as with all my ideas, I moved hooks around to best fit my needs and wants. I had to mount the SC10 a little lower for my son but the rack was the perfect width for the SC10 and the Losi SCTE. The hooks are actually just the perfect length so the truck isn't pressed up against the rack but the hooks stay hidden under the bodies so on the SC trucks it looks like they are just floating there. I was also able to hang my 1980's jam box as well I can keep my broom hid behind the rack and still have enough room to sit the cooler and keep it out of the way.

My next step will be to get my peg board up and a place to keep my tools handy. Maybe sometime in the next week or so that will be done.