R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - The Speed Passion Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2011, 09:02 AM
Solara
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Infinite 12th
Ok I just wanted to make sure it's not limited if I have to run less than mod

On a second note does the GT2.0 Pro Brushless ESC also work the same with firmware change like the 12th one so I can run the .5 classes as well as mod

Curious also when say running TC mod and 17.5 how does a racer deal with that between heats for both. This also applies to the 12th

I just want to know what to do when running both at big races

Thank you
The entire SPEED PASSION GT series ESC are all software interchangable...each ESC can run all the software from 508 no timing (blinky) to straight mod 205g, or boost stock (323stock) or boost mod (119mod)...every GT can run these software by simply changing from the laptop computer via our LCD programmer card.

GT2 PRO and GT2 EX are exactly the same thing with same spec except EX has build in booster so it can work with the 1S lipo without an external booster pack. However, when running MOD...we suggest to mount a receiver pack just to keep the servo and AMB work thru out the entire 8 minutes. It is not just for SP esc, I think it is a standard practice for all MOD 12th scale racer to use receiver pack.

I hope you are not talking about using the SAME CAR SAME ESC but running between rounds on MOD and stock with boost.......if you are, you will have a hard time to upload, download software and setting between rounds....you have to have 2 cars for that unless you are running some very small carpet track, then you can run boost stock setup on both boost stock and MOD cause boost stock can be very fast for small track layout as MOD just cannot use up the motor in small area.