R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 "IIC" INTERNATIONAL INDOOR CHAMPIONSHIPS LAS VEGAS
Old 10-09-2011, 09:40 PM
artwork
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Absolutely, the best RC race in the US. Team IIC always goes above and beyond to make everyone as happy as can be. Hard to do with racers, but some how Scotty figures it out. As usual this race has really become the "Carpet Worlds" and delivers the best drivers from all over the globe. Making an "A" Main in Vegas takes a lot of hard work and with a field as deep as it was it means even more.

The Mod drivers were great as usual, but the stock classes at the top were separated by very little from top to bottom in the A sorts.

The layout was similar to last year, but honestly I think was even better with the few changes that were made. With all of those entries comes a really high bite track, and this year certainly delivered on that. The groove was really dark about 2 hours into the first day of practice and maintained itself the rest of the week. I found the track very consistent throughout the week and noted (as I do every year) that my car never, ever feels as good as it does in Vegas. The track design and grip is something that can only be explained by experience.

As always this race was great from start to finish and I am looking forward to next year already. Thanks to Scotty and his crew for another outstanding race that all other race directors in the world should be modeling after. As promised I made my flight with time to spare and got all of the racing in as well.

F1 was a great addition and showed some really great racing. F1 embodies the spirit of r/c and really has a great way of showing the fun of playing with toy cars. I hope it comes back next year!

If you have not been to the IIC then you are missing out on an opportunity to race against the best racers in the world regardless of the class you enter.