R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Novarossi engines thread
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 01:26 PM
Chickentrader
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kyosho malaysia
Do anyone noticed that the fuel consumption for nova PT 12 is much more higher than nova FLASH 12,FLASH i can run 6 min with engine temp 125 cel but PT i only able to make 5min30sec with engine temp 135 cel.
maybe engine tuning problem?
Ii'm not claiming to be a tuning expert; but there is a perception amongst many that I know, saying you won't get really good run time with the PTS engines. We get 5min.30sec just like you on a very fast track, but our engine comes in at around 110 deg. High oil content in the fuel, makes engines run hotter and can make them a bit harder to tune, and just 1% difference in oil content can make a significant difference.

5 min. 30sec is enough to do a 5 min qualifier, so we're satisfied with the run time, and we're not concerned about doing 5 stops in 30 min in a 30 minute race. That's waht most other driver do on fast tracks; and we've had engines that just wouldn't do a 5 minute qualifier when the first lap didn't count, and using 4min 30 second fuel stops.

However; we just couldn't get 5 minutes when the PTS engine was new; but apparently tuning and fuel economy problems are common in green engines. We love the engine though; it's the best that we've had, and I would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a very fast, easy to tune and reliable engine.

We're going to use the new Capricorn SQ-R (Novarossi based) engine today and in the Aussie Nats in two weeks time, and reports are that this engine is even better.

Kindest regards,
Lars.