R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Associated RC8.2 Factory Team Kit is coming
Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 PM
Racerx336
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nougat

Problem #2 - I get binding in the front and rear gearboxes when snugging up the suspension mount plates. I have had 2 RC8Bes, an RC8Te and an SC8e and I've never encountered this problem before, so I don't know why it's happening now. I can loosen the screws and get rid of the binding, but I don't feel comfortable that the screws are tight enought to prevent problems when runnning it on the track. I called AE and Chris suggested running it in a little to free up the gears and diff case a little. It looks like that worked for at least one other person on this board, so I'll give it a try.
Check to make sure that the pinion bearings are seated fully in the diff cases. Leave the diffs assembled and pull on the CVD to seat the bearing fully. I pressed them in like I have on every other AE kit I have built and they still had a very tight/crunchy mesh between the diff and the pinion gears. I yanked on the CVD's and it seated another 2-3mm into the housing and freed up the diffs. The 8.2 housings have a much tighter fit for the bearings.