R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2011, 09:16 AM
Infinite 12th
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
The availability of lots of shims pretty well take the bump steer element out of the equation these days, if done correctly.

Servo angled or flat comes down to personal preference on akermann, and steering aggression.

Since you see both so often, it's safe to say they both work when matched to an individuals preference.
Ok thanks

I saw at the worlds jilles and elliot had angled and Naoto had flat but to me Naoto car seemed way more aggresive in fact more aggressive than any of the other cars

Would that fit to what you we're perhaps implying with steering akermann/aggression

Isn't akermann if the tires turn the same throughout full range of steering vs. the inside with little akermann turns more?

Thanks

Originally Posted by LonnyJ1950
On my BMI CH12, I started with the servo up, following the kit instructions, and the car was very twitchy, especially exiting corners. When I laid the servo down it became much smoother with more controllable power delivery. This varies from car to car though, as my Rug Rat and my Serpent S120L are both more to my liking with the servo up.
So there's definitely something up with the difference

I guess I'll just have to try both back to back to find out