R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent S411
Thread: Serpent S411
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 09:11 PM
Yokomo_Ant3
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

There are many differances in the new batch of kits. The chassis is different to the standard one (narrower again, 2.25mm) and car has medium plastics throughout. There are a few other small bits and pieces also, the driveshafts have serpent 46mm etched into them now. Really like this car, but never have I had so many issues building a car with faulty parts!

I had a few shock balls and arm balls that needed to be replaced as the pin would not go through. This was annoying but an easy replacement. my other 2 issues on the other hand

My kit has come with 1 different size shock body (obviously from a 1/8) so i cant put any shocks on the car and will have to buy a replacement, another delay. The other issue I have is that the rear of the car has a big bind in the drivetrain. Tried different belts, essentric's, whole diff and bearing and it still exists. The belt has a bigh/low spot no matter what i try, the essentric's are visibly wobbling in the bulkheads as the drivetrain rotates. Im going to try and fit a prototype chassis that has been sent to me and see if that fixes the issue, but im not liking my chances.

Hope Serpent get the rest of the kits right as there are way too many things wrong with mine. Not the best first impression thats for sure!