R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2011, 04:56 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wizzles29
I had a similar problem when I switched from my Tekin to the Cirtix when the rules changed. Sometimes it didn't seem like the speedo wasn't sending signal at all, other times I got the same funny noise you did. I don't know if this is your problem too, but when the car is off, try unplugging the sensor wire from the motor, turn the car on, then plug the sensor wire in.

It was annoying as hell, and I can't explain it, but it solved the problem for me until the new speedo came in.
I hope that is not the case. I replaced both the ESC and motor as new with the new batch of Cirtix ESCs that were just released. The motors came from Tower (consecutive serial numbers), both arrived on Friday and one of them run for the first time Saturday. The temps after the first 8 minutes were only 125 on the motor and the ESC wasn't over 100. The car looked really good too. During the Blip on the fateful second run I explained previously, the motor revved, the wheels spun up and then it was like the motor just stopped spinning or something in the chassis stopped rotating freely. After further inspection, it did take a couple teeth down on the spur, so I have to replace that before racing. All this happened in under 2 seconds. When I got home, I hooked up a SS 10.5 to the Cirtix to test the ESC and the pair worked just fine. Proper acceleration, throttle control and braking. I wired up the second 25.5, also brand spanking new and its working fine for now, but needs to be run in to be sure. I did get a second Cirtix as well. If I had a spare sensor board I would put that in and test the original motor. I'm not sure the motor was run in or ever run prior to packaging. It would be nice to know that it was load/dyno tested. I'm sure my first motor will be tested when it is repaired.

Last edited by liljohn1064; 10-04-2011 at 05:56 AM.