R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - dynamic_e F- Bad deal!!!Buyer Beware!
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 10:45 PM
F1Junkie
Tech Regular

Looks to me exactly as described...

So yeah maybe it may cost you a few bucks to get it going, but from the description, all that is missing is also missing in the pic...

What I do now is have a complete play-by-play (listing all the details) on items bought and sold, that way, you have your PMs and E-mails to use in case something is missing but is promised....

So I do see the motor cam and mount missing, and yes there is no steering linkage...

No trying to defend anyone, just that to be careful out there with the deals you make. If you are not 100% sure, ask....

I usually go over the top with details and pics so that no one will come after me due to a misunderstanding, which is what this seems to be...

I also don't think you can always be 100% sure with deals anyways... I know that I keep my cars mint, but many others, who haven't been in the hobby that long, or just aren't as anal, really wouldn't care too much if stuff was mismatched or bent... So in this respect there are two types - those who run and like perfection, or those who bash and as long as it works, fine....

Also, since he DID offer to refund your money, other than the slight inconvenience, what are you out? An angry internet response makes the situation seem worse than it really is... Just ask and many people will tell you of stories where they sent payment and never received ANYTHING, and the seller blocks that person's e-mail....

I sent for a manual a very long time ago - have I seen it? Nope, and he doesn't respond to my PMs or E-mails... Luckily it was just a few dollars, but I'm sure there are folks who have lost hundreds... The internet is a tricky thing... Deal with the right people, and you're lucky, deal with crooks, and you are out a lot of money.

And just so you know, I have dealt with dynamic_e before. Deal was fine, and this was early on in my Internet dealing days... I wouldn't consider myself seasoned, but I have more of a Spidey-sense than before. Just being aware of the language people use and also their number of posts on a forum goes a long way. Trader feedback is also a great thing. Like Eric said, he has been doing this for a long time. I don't think this posting really hurts him, unless a "newb" decides only to read this about him. But everyone needs good feedback regardless. Something to think about.

Just my $0.02

Hope it works out for both parties...

Dave

Last edited by F1Junkie; 07-06-2004 at 11:00 PM.