R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - turnigy servo mg959
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2011, 10:21 PM
madac
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

These servos are awesome and very under rated. I have been running two of them that I purchased just to try out (purchase date was summer of 2010) and they are great. On paper they are a bit slow but they perform a bit faster like 0.13sec not the rated 0.20sec and they are just over 200oz. of torque and for my D8 they are great. I crash alot and I even drowned them in water and blew it off and took them apart and no water and they still ran great after that. I had a Hitec 5965 that I bought from the LHS here in Calgary and it blew the board and melted out the plastic only 6 months after I purchased it and Hitec will not fix it. Back to the Turnigy 959 it has some bad reviews but from my experience it has been a great servo (better than the Hitecs I have owned) a little noisy but don't notice when my engine is running and doesn't hamper the performance, it doesn't have any plastic gears in it as it's an all metal drive train. For $23 they are f@#%ing awesome and very durable. I would recommend them to anyone. Better than the $95 Hitec piece of crap that I bought could have bought 4 more for that price and been more satisfied with them. Also I would use it for my throttle servo in my truggy but I'll keep my 7955 in for steering (The only good Hitec servo I've ever owned) and on the buggy steering and throttle all the way.