R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Serpent 710
Thread: Serpent 710
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2004, 07:31 PM
wolfejohne
Tech Initiate

Assembly Questions

I am installing the new 802235 Spacers for Steering Blocks and Rear Uprights and I have a few questions.

1. I have heard that some people have had problems with the spacers causing the bearings to spin in the uprights. Is this so and what caused the problems?
2. When you install the spacers they sit between the inner race of the two ball bearings, do you set the endplay for the wheel axle snug (no lateral play) or a very small amount of endplay when you position/tighten the wheel-adaptor hex?

Differentials?

1. When you assemble the front and rear differentials what do you use to lube the ball bearing #1326, Serpent Bearing oil or Mugen Super Grease?
2. Do you lube the friction surface between the pulley and diff axle and what do you use?
3. When I was putting the front diff together I noticed that it did not use the o-ring #1065 and Spacer #801436 to hold the friction collar to the pulley. My front diff came with a outside snap ring to hold the friction collar on. What is the preferred method for the front and rear differentials?