R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 10-01-2011, 03:43 PM
XXXDad
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 198 (100%+)
Lightbulb Mine noes dives too.... still searching for the problem.

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Just recently Ive had a problem with the rear kicking up and wanting to come over the front coming off jumps. I checked the driveline and found nothing binding. All bearings seem fine. I varied throttle input from none to constant to hard throttle with vary little difference in results. The ass just wants to kick up pretty hard. Im running soft springs in the rear with 30wt oil. Just started breaking into the diffs to see if something was going on there. The center had 5k in it and was slightly low on fluid. Other than that it seemed fine. The rear diff pretty much the same only it was filled with 3k. Havent opened the front yet but hoping for some input. Thanks.
Yes mine does it too.... I have the new kit springs, TLR Chasi, 3/3/1 difs...Emulsion shocks... 32;5 front 27.5 rear , had the 5.5 Tekin but sold it and a 4600 Pro4 is going in. Yes, it's only this car that jumps this way. Out of the 4 car's I run. So I made sure all berings are free, all difs smooth, gear mesh on the loose side so as no to bind. Even giving full thottle in the air still can not recover from donky flipping %40 of the time. Hoping the lighter and stronger motor helps me keep the front end up and the tuning kit is on the way so it should make it better handling. What do you guy's think ...this happens over the big tripple at my local track.
Originally Posted by Mac013
Hey everyone. I have a quick question.
I just picked up my new truck.
Is there anything I have to do to the diffs to run silicone? I was wondering if I needed to seal anything to stop the diffs from leaking?
Thanks
There is an incert in the difs... metal sleve the outdrive passes through. Need to glue it in to seal it. then aply black greese to the o rings and shaft.