R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 1/12 forum
Thread: 1/12 forum
View Single Post
Old 09-30-2011, 08:23 PM
HarryLeach
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DesertRat
Having been back in 1/12 scale for a while, I have a list of questions for other like racers:

1: Does it take everybody two hours to cut out a body to satisfaction?
No. I've gotten pretty quick with the hobby knife score and peel method, probably due to a lot of required practice.
2: Do you keep all of your junk in some other room but put your car on your desk but not to work on it, just stare at it and flex the suspension every few minutes?
I have a desk JUST FOR my RC's
3: Do you get way to happy for breaking your old single lap record by a few hundredths of a second?
We change layouts fairly often, so I don't worry about my single lap records so much, but improving 2-3 laps throughout the day always gets me smiling.
4: Why is there always somebody with a smoother diff no matter what you do?
If someone has a smoother diff than my car, I tear it down for cleaning, inspection, bearing replacement and re-lube immediately.
5: Why do the apexes of the corners seem to move between rounds?
Same reason trees grab golf balls, shopping carts ONLY hit your car in a parking lot, and only your order in a group of 10 will be messed up at a restaurant... conspiracy.
And 6: Why is it so damn hard to convince anybody who doesn't already do it that racing toy cars is cool? Much cooler than say... video games, golf, or whatever normal people do for fun?
I dunno, and I don't know why I spend so much time and effort trying to do it

Nice questions.