R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 2011 SkyRocket Invitational, Blue Diamond Raceway October 15,16!!
Old 09-30-2011, 11:59 AM
YmeBP
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by J.Gonzalez
Been a long time since I went to BD.

Do you have any pictures of the track and approximate dimensions. Looking to run 1/8.

Thanks
Jamie Gonzalez
Track has 250' back straight, centerline has to be over 1500' but I've never walked it. On the rc signup page there is a photo I'll post another one here. We've made some important modifications for 1/8 since the photo was take though:

1) We smoothed out the back straight (no more "dip" anywhere on the straight)
2) We opened the track coming out of the sweeper, instead of making a hard right, you drive straight infront of the driver's stand
3) We've straightened out and resealed the chicane for higher entry and exit speeds in that part of the track.
4) We now use a mix of Lane Choice 7 (VHT) for traction

Over all we've also smoothed out some of the rougher spots on the track and resealed some areas damaged by the winter.

Right now the fast 1/8 scale guys are turning low 12's high 11's and I expect that to get faster over the course of the next couple weeks. The touring car guys are knocking on the door of high 13's around the full circuit.

I'll take some shots and video of 1/8 this Sunday and post for those who have not been here in a while.