R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Schumacher Mi4
Thread: Schumacher Mi4
View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 03:25 PM
Benzaah
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)

Originally Posted by LOSI123
1- If the front c hubs dont have any markings on them at all does this mean they are 4 degree
Generally no one runs either the 2 or 6 degree blocks. THe blocks should have a 4L/4R marking on them. There are 3 different flex options on the front blocks with Flex/Medium/Standard blocks. Assume you have Standard4 degree blocks.

2- Do setup sheets tell you where the rear hub quick clips are in front or behind the rear hub ( cant see it on any setup sheets)
No. The manual says to run the shim in the forward position but if you follow Hofers set up advice run half a mm of shim either side. This is what i do.

3- Are there long a-arms and short a-arms, how can I tell which ones are on my car, are there markings?
Long arms are no longer produced. The only way to tell is to get some new ones and compare. The short arms will make the car more aggressive and IMO you should stick to the hard arms and let the chassis and the hubs do the flexing for you.

4- Without a setup station is there a way to tell what total rear toe is set for what mm spacers ( i run the std plastic hinge pin holders), As some setup sheets i have seen all say 1mm spacers at both front and rear of the rear plastic mounts to bulkhead and then have 2.5 degree, 3 degree and even 3.5 degree listed as total toe but dont mention a hub or anthing with toe in them etc... ??????
Std blocks with 1mm of shim either end gives you 3.5 degrees. If you are serious about racing you really need to invest in a set up station.

5- Is losi 35wt oil close to shumacher 35wt oil ( as i have tons of losi oil and i can not find a cross reference chart that has shumacher oil listed)
IMO shuie oil is a lot lighter than the losi stuff. 35 shuie would be like 30 or 27.5 losi. Comparing Garys 40wt on the weekend just gone it was more like the losi 35/32.5wt

cheers, Paul
Cheers Benzaah