R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - 12th scale front end wars...lol Double wishbone vs. Old school and reactive castor
Old 09-22-2011, 04:12 PM
Infinite 12th
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by peter_robinson
The simpler things are in a minimalistic car like a 1/12th pan car, the better off you are going to be IMO. Just because the old skool front end is one molded piece does not mean that it's not adjustable, I change caster, camber, and track width all the time... Do you really want to get lost in adjusting your front end when 90% of the people I see at the track have a hard enough time getting the car balanced and tweaked flat? I don't anyway.
Keep it simple is good but the reactive castor is not so bad

Just mostly caster with those little spacers (And that's pretty easy just see if you need more onpower steering and increase castor)

And just setting camber so tires wear flat which takes a run or two to see how they are wearing also not so hard

That's me keeping it simple

Note:

I knows there more like spacing of steering arm or springs but I think the stock setting for the steering arm works fine for me and most run .020 although I like it when i can use .018 cause I like the steering massive