R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Team Losi JRXS Type-R
View Single Post
Old 09-22-2011, 08:07 AM
liljohn1064
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cup racer
I think this may be the ticket for all those without flyingfox layshaft or u can modify the pulley(make the screw go deeper) and use shorter screw. http://www.precisionracingsystems.co...S-Adapter.html.
What do you guys think using a crc 4200 shorty lipo and move the esc behind the battery? like a pan car! think about running my new type r with shorty lipo and mini servo and give up my tcx.
The PRS spur adapter is a nice piece as are the layshafts. The layshaft helps accommodate larger batteries without rubbing. The spur adapter allow use of non-losi spurs only. Like you said, there is a tip for shaving the back of the pulley in the thread somewhere. I don't think you'd be able to mount the electronics unless you added some kind of shelf for them. If you race where the battery must come out and in a sack to charge, the tray needs to be able to be removed. I just ordered a Speedtech 3800 shorty for the same reason. I'm thinking more along the lines of adjustable weight distribution though.