R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Need help with choosing parts (especially radio system)
Old 09-21-2011, 10:39 PM
NitroXray80809
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Sraktai
hmm alright well I already have a
-Hitec FM Aggressor Transmitter,
-HFS-03MT receiver.
-The servo that came with will probably be chewed up really fast, and all I need now is a battery that fits in my car...
Does it matter if it's a NiMH or a LiPo?

Thinking of getting 2 of these: Savox 0251 metal gear high torque digital servos.

Theres a 5 cell battery NiMH(1100mAh or 1600mAh) that says 6v, and the servo I may get is 4.8-6v so as long as the battery is within that range they will work with eachother? Whats the difference in mAh?

oh and servo horns, my kit actually came with plastic ones so I guess I can just upgrade to aluminum when they wear out.
U need a regulator if u use lipo with out high voltage sevos.... The higher mah is more runtime.... The durango has had a few updates since release so maybe look and see what you may need. The dynamite mach 2 might have been a bad engine choice for a race buggy. Also i would recomend getting a nice 2.4 ghz radio. Speeding big first off hand will save in long run! Dont try to nickel and dime it, the guys who do get ran off because gear failure.