R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Vague TC question about spools
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2011, 08:58 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JamesL_71
Ive reached the conclusion that bertrandsv87 is simply a troll. That is the only explanation.
Agreed.

All his comments remind me about people who think the front gear diff is the answer to everything in handling... it isn't.

What it is, is an extra tuning tool to make you faster. Some tracks and drivers it will suit, and some it it won't... without trying you'll never know. And it's eactly the same with ECS's.

To state that one thing is categorically better than another is simply fooldhardy and blinkered. Keep your mind open, and you'll be faster as a result. That is a fact...

IMO, ECS potentially do help for lower powered classes, when running a spool. Corner speed there is king. But, as already mentioned, if you can set your car up to have more natural steering (and drive it), then you don't need so much lock, and can get away without.
The more power you put through the car (i.e. modified), then the more the binding effect helps to slow the car, in effect braking the fronts. Which is more than likely why you'll tend to see most top mod drivers still using CVD's.

But, as my above statement, sometimes there will be exceptions where other types simply work better for the track and conditions...

With a front diff, they aren't needed, as the diff acts to remove the speed differential that cause chatter.

HiH
Ed