R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Capricorn LAB-C01
View Single Post
Old 09-20-2011, 03:13 PM
DS Motorsport
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hereby a little report about the last round of Dutch nationals we had last weekend.

The race took place at the Rucphen track, were we had the EC-B earlier this year, so everyone knew the track very well and had a good setup for it.
On saturday the weather was ok and the track had a good amount of grip.

On sunday the weather was changing all the time, one moment it was raining and very cold and the next there were clear skies and sunny.
Qualifying took place on a drying track which was quite tricky, we qualified in the following order:

1 Daan Jacobs
2 Maxim Claes Capricorn fuel
3 Daan Stuiver Everything Capricorn
4 Ingeborg Gommers Capricorn car

Before the main final it looked like the track was going to be dry and most drivers were putting their dry setup back into the car. Everyone started the warm up with regular foam tires.
I thought it was going to rain again so I opted for a 50/50 setup which should work in both situations. 30 seconds for the start the skies opened up again and it was raining heavily. One driver asked for a delay so everyone had time to change to rain tires. Luckily I had a very good pit crew which were able to change the car to an almost complete rain setup.
From the first lap I was dominating the race by going 2-3 seconds a lap quicker then anyone else, at the end I won the race with a 6 lap advantage compared to second place!.
This was my first victory in the NK (Pro) class so this was very special for me.

1 Daan Stuiver Capricorn
2 Peter Berkhout Serpent
3 Arco de Jong Capricorn

The overall event and championship was very successful for Capricorn.

Setup for the dry track:

http://www.dsmotorsport.nl/setups/Se...18_09_2011.pdf

Track:

Last edited by DS Motorsport; 09-21-2011 at 05:35 PM.