R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 09-19-2011, 03:14 PM
Brushless420
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 176 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Asharus
Great product support by Losi demonstrated today. I called them about my broken center/front driveshaft pin, then they looked it up and advised that the part has been revised (which we all knew about already, thanks Ryan) and that they will send me a replacement. The only thing is that it's on backorder until the first week of Oct, LOL. It looks like I'm still going to be buying one of the old ones to get me going until then.
They werent aware when I called? Ryan claims below CS should be contacted in reference to this "issue". Says you should purchase a new one.

Originally Posted by cavg
To where should i turn to get this kind of support? I'm in Sweden.

I've had the same thing happen to me.

Originally Posted by bustanut666
so is the this new set screw for the CV driveshaft thing out yet.. thats #5 already.. pin keeps flying out of the sleeve...
seems like an issue to me

Originally Posted by 250r
same thing happened to my buddys truck saturday the pin came out of the front cv where it attaches to the input shaft of the front gearbox. is this an issue with all of the versions of the truck ive got two third release trucks and is this something i need to worry about?
again

Originally Posted by Brushless420
Funny I called them yesterday and the person I spoke with had no idea about any change made to the part or any revision period. He said he didnt think they were doing anything about the issue and didnt think there was an issue. Claimed he would call me back once he asked "someone". Never received a call as of yet.
Originally Posted by Bondonutz
I called Tuesday, after being on hold 2hrs and 11 mins someone finially picked. (Had the celly on speaker phone while I worked on the PC) The guy I spoke to knew nothing of the change and but said he's send me the rears but I'd have to wait on the fronts. Thats a start anyway, Thanks HH !
Originally Posted by hacker07
I guess I am curious what you all are referencing...if it is the updated set screwed coupler, that is a part update. Soemthing you buy once the old one wears out. Not soemthing you call CS about. The original works great, these just work better. I have informed CS that this is NOT a CS issue.

With the originals, if you grease them properly and space them out on the shaft far enough for them not to bind as recommended here numerous times, they last for 6 months or more. Its the moment they bind when rotating the drive shaft at that front angle that you have a problem and that comes from pushing it too far onto the pinion shaft.

Also, if you spit the pin through the plastic, you can simply dremel a new notch for the set screw in the plastic and rotate it and good as new.