R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - New Team CRC Gen-XL
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 04:57 AM
WIITA
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Craig
Ordering my XL on monday, need some help with setup,gearing and tire compound,but mostly tires. The local track just moved there carpet track and laid down new ozite,but no one knows what compound tires to start off with? We will be running 13.5 in blinky mode. Whats a good safe starting compound and maybe next harder up if traction should come around. Also the track doesn't allow paragon. Thanks for any help..
I would suggest running either running pink or graylow rears along with black or magenta fronts. Personally I always run magenta fronts and graylow rears. Only time I run a pink rear is when I run mod or 13.5 open. Make sure to dial out dual rate as needed. I typically dial out as much as I can to get around the tightest corner on the track and then add a few more clicks. A few other things that help with the car is the slide in ride height spacers for the front and the 4mm top brace in the rear. Building the front end correctly IMO is the most important part on the xl. Make sure everything drops under it's own weight and there is no binding at all. Also, pay close attention to the rear Ctr pivot to make sure it all moves freely. The car is crazy dialed when everything is working correctly.