R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - MTX 5
Thread: MTX 5
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2011, 02:02 AM
TomB
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by danjoy25
rcmarket bro. tell about it paying silly shipping cost. I did an order last week for parts but they posted the spur gears their site the next day, so I had to put another order today. All in all I did 3 orders for this MTX5 venture .Kit cost me $40 and 2 parts order costing $28 each so that $96 worth of shipping cost alone.
yeah man, tell me about it. I'm really starting to get a little fed up with the exorbitant shipping costs from some websites

The HK shops are making a mint from delivery alone. I added up some bodies on the rc toro site, and they wanted to charge me $100 US shipping....i mean come onrc market's shipping is pretty expensive also (not to mention they sent my order to my old address when i specifically changed it on their site and paypal) but anyway.

as an example that the HK shops are massively over charging on shipping, i purchased some tyres from the UK, the package was 5kg and i only paid $33 pounds. A purchase from Britian requires a hell of a lot more delivery costs than HK, yet....

back to a HK site, I added up about 900 grams worth of parts and they wanted to charge $30US or so for EMS.

Unfortunately the majority of local hobby shops just don't cut the mustard. I live 6 hours from the nearest Hobby shop so internet is my only option.

In NSW the only shop i would call a racer's shop is Northern beaches hobby centre, Trackside RC in QLD is also good, i'm not familiar with Vic shops.

The great thing about HK shops is they get stock up online super quick and the selections are usually top notch that's the only thing that gets me going back to HK shops. If Aussie shops had sites like the HK shops i'd gladly buy in OZ....of course prices need to be good.

In saying all of this, i do buy a whole heap of stuff in OZ also (kit, spares, engines )