R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - V-Dezign Carpet Ripper V
View Single Post
Old 09-15-2011, 02:29 PM
Vesa
Tech Apprentice

Thanks Lizardboy, please email me to [email protected] or pm and we can talk more!

Inline battery setup? No.

Carpet Ripper 4.0 and V are designed with different rear end geometry which means no compromise like inline battery is needed to use. Using inline battery moves the weight more forward, yes. In CR V battery is a lot more forward than other cars and perfectly balanced with electrics in front of the battery. Using big sized speedos like SP wont make the side to side balance any easier with inline battery + chassis is still pretty wide in those cars.

THings can be done in different ways, based on lots of testing and theory behind, in my opinion putting battery inline is just compromising to get weight more forward to help with issues that occur with the rear geometry used in those cars.I am not saying they do it wrong, I just did that differently almost 2 years ago and will continue in that path.

To realize things you need to realize reason and consiquence relationship. We could also start using cab forward bodies as they are better in offroad, or what about using some toe in in rear tires, as it makes the car easier to drive as all other onroad cars use it too, must be good

Just kidding