R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread
Old 09-14-2011, 04:24 AM
Lucid
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by vasidudu
Hi there everyone,
Well I have tried to go through the +1000 posts of the forum to make myself an idea. I am driving a Losi 8IGHT 2.0 Buggy and would like to try this 1/10 SCCTE for the upcoming winter; I will most likely not use my nitro 1/8 over the winter. I have decided on the model after thinking of Ofna and AE. For peace of mind now, I am just looking for some answers since you guys have run the truck a while now: I am going to go with Castle Creation 3800kV 1410 Y brushless motor with four magnets. Is this an ok choice? I am not after uncontrollable speeds. Is there any "straight away" updates I should be aware of? What decent LiPo pack should I use? I know this has most likely been answered 1000 times in the forum but did not have the chance to read the +1000 posts (yet).
I do appreciate your feedback.
V
thats a good motor for the truck, pretty much any 4 pole or 550 motor will be fine.
just make sure not to skimp on the speed controller, theres a guy at our track running the castle sct combo with that little speed control and he thermal's all the time because it dosent have a fan.

for a battery lots of people use different things, I personally dont use a pack thats rated below 60c because the truck weighs so much and the motor/esc will pull some serious current