R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - Tamiya F104 Pro!
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2011, 09:03 PM
TryHard
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I've been running my X1 outdoors quite happily recently... although starting to observe a few things, and a have a few questions...

1) the Pit 0575 rears seem to tear up much worse at the big outdoor track... 2 runs and I'm getting sidewall tears. Yet at the indoor track 2meetings and no issues... guess I should go Tam rubber or Foams for the outdoor.
It's pretty obvious when they tear, as the car becomes really unstable and takes a set out of the corner that you can't correct (like if the rear axle is moving... don't ask!). Can just about keep up with the other F1's on foams, but boy it's tough..

I'd love to try some of the 0572's... but can't seem to find them in the stores near me.

2)Steering... So far I've tried the Jun setup (horn reversed), and this weekend gave the Austin upside down setting a try... and honestly, I can't feel much difference! It did feel a little less reactive, and maybe something else is masking the changes, but I dunno. Next on my list is the servo horn up setting..

3) T-Bars. Has anyone else tried the 3Racing T-bars? Seem a lot cheaper and more durable than the Tamiya's, and the 1.3mm seems very similar to the super-soft, without any cutout too boot (a weak point, IMO).
I did try running the Tamiya soft bar this weekend with out the centre screw (forced too after I crunched the car against a barrier due to aforementioned tyre issues! Car came back to the pits in two pieces... oops!), and I'm not sold on it, still didn't feel as good as with the 1.3/centre screw.
I will admit I did find a motor wire causing a slight issues when I got home which could be the main root of some of the problems, so could have been the root of the problems using that t-bar... will try it in practise this weekend to check

4) Front end. On my list to try again this weekend is the front end changes (lower front arm)... might as well give it a try and see what happens!

Maybe not the most informative post, more ramblings than anything else!

Ed