R/C Tech Forums - View Single Post - TLR 22 Racing Buggy Thread
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 05:30 PM
F N CUDA
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ifuonlyknew
STOP CRASHING
If your crashing that much you are trying to go way too fast. Slow down, stop crashing and the speed will come. Speed comes from track time, and it is hard to get track time when your car is upside down, or in the pits having parts replaced. This is why I hate Short Bus Trucks, and I think they have ruined racing. They are way too durable, and don't teach new people how to drive. They can go out and bounce them off everything and they just keep going. Back in the day if you did that you spent more time replacing parts than you did driving. Now you have these people that start with Short Course Tanks, and when they move to real race vehicles they can't figure out why they break all of the time.
Very true dat BUT, I love the Short Course trucks almost as much as anything else I race and I have discovered that the rubbing is almost automatic when you race or even drive them, Short Course trucks that is, not buggies.
They (SC trucks) are so forgiving that you/I almost automatically go into rubbin is racin mode cuz it is how it is done by all. Too bad some feel hackin is rubbin and that sucks.
I was running my new XXX SCB (nearly the funnest car in my huge stable, believe me cuz it handles just like a bigger badder 22 and if you don't believe me try it, no lie, whew) and had to run with 8 SC trucks, 2 mod, 2 boosted 17.5 and 2 stock and had em all covered cuz it easily, easily out handles all the 2w trucks but they all rub (as I do in SC truck) when they race and that never works up against buggies of any size.
Oh yeh, I was in full RTR mode except for rear tires and correct ride height of 29mm.

Now you know you want 1 or you have resisted driving one.

And I return you to the 22 thread, just had to say.

Last edited by F N CUDA; 09-12-2011 at 05:50 PM.